A Dummy in Distress

Friday, May 1 |

I hate when people are mean to each. On LL&L you won't see name calling, but you will see me attempt debunk harmful ideologies, starting with my own. For instances the damsel in distress is supposed to be a fantastical story that most people secretly want to live out at least once in their lifetime. You may take turns being the victim or the hero, at least I do, but without even recognizing that you are just playing a role. Is noticing someone who does not have a clue how to save themselves intriguing and romantic or is it just annoying and costly.

This week I had computer troubles once again, and like any good damsel I went running to my husband to fix it. I would like to think of myself as a professional blogger but I don't know that much about computers so I have been comfortable letting my big strong man fix it for me. The problem is he has responsibilities of his own; he is busy, overwhelmed and feels like he needs help with his business. The difference is he knows how to accomplish most of his tasks but doesn't have enough hands to do it all. My blog, while I want it to be larger than life, is actually quite manageable for one person. The problem is I don't know how to get or maintain technical thingies like rss feeds, FavIcons, and computer security. I think somewhere inside I think that it is cute or at least or okay to not know a lot about computers. I'm learning quickly that is not true, the more I don't know the more it will cost me in one way or another.

LL&L is also about giving grace freely. I don't know a lot about computers, blogging or even writing, but now I'm committed to learning. It may take a while to catch up but I'm on the right path, finally. In the meantime I will ask for help (tutoring) and read whatever I can get my hands on, and I will be okay with laughing at myself.


Why mechanics love woman



What do you think about the damsel distress stereotype? Why are woman more susceptible to playing dumb (or are they)? What is something that you have put off learning and why?




1 comments:

LazyKing said...

I think you are doing a great job so far and everyone seems to like your blog.
I can also say that I learned so many things since I started blogging and everyday is a new day for us to learn something new.