If you are planning on or are already taking a language class take try the One Semester of Spanish - Love Song approach and make learning fun. No I'm not bilingual; I'm barely fluent in English but I do know how to study. So I thought I'd share a few tips that will help you ace your exams and become fluent in a new language:
- Read ahead- Prepare for class by staying ahead of the lesson plan. Read and practice pronunciation for each corresponding lesson just before class.
- Find a study buddy- Form a study group or find a study partner to help you practice dialogue and to quiz each other.
- Figure out Your Motivation- Ask yourself why you want to learn a new language?Having a good motivation will help you to work hard.
- Learn One Concept At A Time- Make sure you learn each concept thoroughly before moving on to the next one.
- Supplement Your Textbook- If you had trouble with a concept go to the library and get a books, CD, or DVD to help with your studies.
- Expose yourself to the language as much as possible- Watch movies, read books go and visit places where there are native speakers.
To entire article, Tips for Your Language Class, can be found on TCB Thursday. There you can see the 2nd Semester of Spanish, Spanish Love Song starring Erik Estrada.