Torn Faith

Sunday, February 22 |

I thought I saw a man brought to life 
He was warm He came around And he was dignified 
He showed me what it was to cry Well you couldn't be that man I adored
You don't seem to know Or seem to care What your heart is for
I don't know him anymore  
There's nothin' where he used to lie 
My conversation has run dry 
That's what's going on 
Nothings right I'm torn 
I'm all out of faith 
This is how I feel I'm cold and 
I am shamed 
Lying naked on the floor 
Illusion never changed 
Into something real 
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn 
You're a little late 
I'm already torn 
So I guess the fortune tellers right
I should have seen just what was there and not some holy light 
But you crawled beneath my veins And now, 
I don't care I have no luck 
I don't miss it all that much
There's just so many things 
That I can't touch I'm torn  
There's nothin' he used to lie 
My inspiration has run dry 
That's what's going on 
Nothing's right I'm torn 
Chorus 


I think faith is more important than religion. Whatever your faith sometimes you struggle to believe. My spiritual life has been a journey with a few twist and turns and I came out a better person for it. What I have learned is that doubt is there for a reason. I don't think that it is good for you to try to force yourself to believe. Doubt let you ask important questions of your God or the universe, or of science. With persistance you will get the answers you need. 

If you are encouraged by biblical scriptures and you have a bible handy read Luke 4:38-5:11, Luke 22:13-34 and Luke 22:54-63. You will see that even the prophets had doubts at a very significant time. It was difficult for everyone but God's grace is powerful and can change hearts and minds. All I ask is that you give doubt a chance to do it's work, but let faith prove itself to you. 

 

Read Mark 15:33-39

What role, if any, has doubt played in your own spiritual life?

0 comments: