Practice Loving-Kindness Meditation

Monday, October 19 |

The video bellow, How To Practice Buddhist Loving Kindness Meditation, was uploaded on Youtube by Howcast.  I practiced this mediattion for the first time to today and it felt wonderful. II started writing an article on this practice and plan to publish next week but I thought it would be great if I could encourage you to try it out in the mean time. To summarize loving kindness meditation--- Howcast writes:


"Metta bhavana, or loving-kindness meditation, is one of the two simplest meditations in Buddhism. It helps develop positive feelings towards ourselves and all other living creatures."







Did you like the video? Have you practiced this technique before? If so please leave a comment and share about your experience with loving kindness meditation.

6 comments:

Count Sneaky said...

First, let me thank you for following my humble blog. I'm trying to do a better job of keeping it updated now that my health problems have eased off for a while.I'm glad you are practicing the meditation. It, like reading the
words of the Dalai Lama and Gautama himself is not only induce meditation on loving kindness but explain it as
well. I look forward to keeping up with your writings. Namaste. Count Sneaky

3L said...

Take care of yourself and you writing. Humble blog forma humble author makes for a good read.Namaste.

Angelshair said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my facebook page:-)!!
Beautiful post! I love meditation, and I think we all should practice it daily!! Peace and love!

Anonymous said...

Loving kindness meditation really works.I must do it more often!! There is a very good book called Tibetan book of living and dying by Sogyal rinpoche which goes through many of these meditations.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.